Embedded Software Consultant (Santa Barbara, CA)
We seek a software engineer or field application engineer to work closely with key customers to solve complex technical problems. Our customers are highly skilled embedded software development firms with unique and challenging problems that demand expert solutions we can't read from a script. If you thrive on troubleshooting software problems and designing creative solutions, enjoy learning about new technology, and want to jump in and save customers in desperate need of a hero, this is the job for you!
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the inner workings of complex software systems
- Ability to quickly diagnose technical problems with limited information
- Ability to succinctly explain complex technical concepts to experts from other technical domains
- An understanding of the concepts of real-time operating systems
- An understanding of compilers, assemblers, linkers, and debuggers, and their role in developing embedded software
- At least 2 years experience programming in high-level languages, C, and C++
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Helpful skills and experience
- Experience interacting with customers (pre-sales, support, etc.)
- An understanding of networking concepts and their role in software systems
- Working directly with customers, developers, sales, and other support engineers to solve challenging customer-reported issues
- Designing creative solutions for complex problems
- Keeping abreast of our technology, gaining an understanding of how to use new tools, and understanding their role in a customer development environment
- Writing technical guides for internal and external distribution
- Recommending product improvements based on unique knowledge of customer product use
- Helping demonstrate that Green Hills Software is the leading expert in embedded systems
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $127,000 - $146,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Applicants with industry experience should email email@example.com for applicable job openings.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.