Key features of the Green Hills Probe include:
- 4GB of high-speed trace memory with 40 Gbits/second of aggregate bandwidth
- Supports the latest high-speed serial trace (HSST) protocols, including multiple 12.5Gb serial lanes
- The fastest download speeds, capable of sustaining a 120MHz JTAG clock rate with nearly 100% data payload utilization
- Supports all leading debug and trace interfaces on thousands of processors
- Tight integration with the TimeMachine Debugging Suite
- Offers sophisticated analysis tools for quickly locating key execution points in large datasets
- LCD status screen for easy access to configuration settings, diagnostics and factory reset
- USB host and power ports, Ethernet switch and port
With 4GB of high-speed trace memory and 40 Gbits/second aggregate bandwidth, Green Hills Probe V4 is the fastest and most capable JTAG and trace debug probe Green Hills Software has ever made.
Designed to Find Heisenbugs
The Probe V4 was designed to find Heisenbugs, which are bugs that disappear or don’t reproduce while debugging. These insidious bugs are responsible for endless software and product delays. Through fast trace capture over industry-standard protocols and with a deep capture buffer, the Green Hills Probe V4 provides all developers on all leading processors the most effective weapon against Heisenbugs: trace capture.
Run-control and trace features
- Broad Target Support
Green Hills Probe V4 supports an extensive range of target trace ports on thousands of processors.
- RTOS awareness
Coupled with the MULTI IDE, the Probe V4 provides RTOS-aware debugging of Green Hills Software's INTEGRITY RTOS.
- Flexible Trace Clock
With its flexible trace clock interface, Green Hills Probe V4 can automatically adjust for timing skew between trace data and clock lines for more reliable trace collection.
- Variable Target Voltage
The Green Hills Probe V4 can select between a range of I/O interface voltages from 1.65V to 5V for connecting to a variety of targets.
- Multicore Debugging
The Green Hills Probe V4 supports debugging of multiple cores in a single JTAG scan chain as well as multicore trace. The Green Hills Probe V4 can be used in the most complex debug situations.
Fastest Download Speeds
With its 4GB of high-speed trace memory and 40 Gbits/second of aggregate bandwidth, the Probe V4 enables faster development by minimizing the time spent waiting for downloads to complete. It supports JTAG clocks from 2.5 kHz to 120 MHz with nearly 100% data payload utilization to maximize the download speed to the target processor.
When provided for by trace targets, the Green Hills Probe V4 captures trace data in cycle accurate mode so developers can determine how many cycles each instruction takes. This allows analysis of the effects of cache and other memory systems. Besides providing insight into memory systems, cycle accurate mode accurately determines system performance and measures the effects of optimization efforts.
Flexible and Modular
The Green Hills Probe V4 simplifies customer configurations because it replaces both the Green Hills Probe V3 and the SuperTrace Probe. A single processor-independent Green Hills Probe V4 is configured with either a pod for JTAG and parallel trace or a pod for high-speed serial trace (HSST). A processor adapter is then added to match the target processor.
Expanded System and Test Automation
The Green Hills Probe V4 provides and instruments the most common power and communications interfaces used by target boards, simplifying not only the physical cabling to a target board, but also providing debugging insight into these interfaces.
- Target boards can be powered with a switchable 12V/2A power port or a 5V/1.5A USB Type A interface.
- Integrated, instrumented Ethernet switch with a second Ethernet port on the front panel for use by the target board.
- USB host support for attached USB serial adapters for communication to target board serial ports.
TimeMachine Debugging Suite
- Identify and fix race conditions and timing issues
- Visualize and quickly understand code in order to debug and tune for performance
- Accelerate debugging cycle by capturing and replaying hard to reproduce problems
- Run, set breakpoints and view data backwards in time in program execution
The TimeMachine suite's PathAnalyzer provides a graphical view of an application's call stack over time.
The Green Hills Probe V4 can be configured to support parallel trace and JTAG target connections via the TE trace pod or serial trace targets via the High-Speed Serial Trace (HSST) pod.
It supports a broad range of target adapters including:
- Arm CoreSight-10
- Arm CoreSight-20
- Arm ETM/CoreSight MICTOR
- Arm SWD
- CoreSight HSSTP
- Intel MIPI60
- MIPS PDTrace
- Nexus HP50
- Nexus HS22 (Aurora-11)
- Nexus HS34 (Aurora-17)
- Nexus HS70 (Aurora-35)
- Nexus MICTOR
- PPC BDM